Thursday, December 14, 2006

Simple joys of Family & Christmas

Heather has inspired me. I have decided to join her and hopefully inspire Bethany and Evie! Here I will record the simple joys of my life - which are typically the wonderful experiences that I am having with my children and grandchildren usually together with my sweetheart Tom.

Preparing for Christmas has been a little difficult for me this year. Heather is busy with her family. Bethany is busy talking to Keith and working on school. I really miss my Evie – the last few years she has helped me the most on putting up Christmas. This year it was mostly solitary – though Bethany did help me with the tree, and Tom did put the lights on the tree.

But on Thursday if was all worth it. I had everything up (more or less) and the Haupts were coming to dinner. So I turned all the lights off in the living room, turned on the Christmas Tree lights, and lit the candles that were all around the room. When Xander came in his mouth dropped open and he ran around the room saying, “Happy, happy”, which is what he says when he sees candles because he thinks it is someone’s birthday. And of course it is and so we talk about Jesus’ birthday. All the work was worth his delight. And what a wonderful opportunity we have to even now at this young age to share with him the wonder and delight of the Incarnation…Emmanuel… God with us.

1 comment:

Heather@Cultivated Lives said...

His face was priceless. Thanks for making my boys day!