So... I am back to just Tom and I... again! :-) And it is wonderfully challenging to cook for two.
Tonight was a winner:

Slow Cooked Ratatouille
1 med zucchini, halved lengthwise, cut into 1-inch peices
1 (8oz) pkge. fresh whole mushrooms
1 (8 oz) eggplant, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
29 oz. canned diced tomatoes, undrained
2 tsp. sugar
3 tsp. dried basil
1 Tbs. olive oil
1/4 cup finely choppped fresh parsley (I used 1/8 cup dried)
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray. Combine first six ingredients in slow cooker.
2. Cover; cook on high setting for 4 hours, or on low setting for eight hours.
3. Stir in oil and parseley. Ladel into soup bowls, sprinkle with cheese and serve
4 (1 1/4 cup) servings.
This was a perfect winter Sunday evening meal. Easy to prepare after morning church - warm and yummy for a light dinner. Though Tom and I ate it all! If you want to serve four you better have some other food available as well!
And yes, Tom and I are adjusting to life with just the two of us. Though we get to see the kids and even get to baby sit!

No comments:
Post a Comment