Sunday, May 6, 2012

I still miss my mom.  She was an amazing woman and I at least once a week, I want to talk to her.  I am surprised that I miss her so much after these years.

Today I was listening to a cooking show on NPR that was talking about how to make chicken stock.  I was astounded.  I have just boiled the bones for all these years.  I did not know the best, or even correct way to do so.  I think my mother did, but I never learned this from her.  I regret not spending more time with her.  And it makes me want to make sure I am available to my children and grandchildren.  I wonder what skills that I take for granted they would like to learn?

1 comment:

Heather said...

There is nothing like having your mom there... I can only imagine how much you miss her on a daily basis.

Thanks for the all the time you've spent with me over the years. Can't wait for my littles to be better so we can get together again. Love you, mom!