Saturday, October 6, 2007

Cooking- - Back to the Future

A few days ago I make lettuce wraps for dinner! I am embracing and enjoying this new stage in my cooking life --- which is similar to my first stage of cooking.

Cooking for two!

The benefits I can go for quality rather than quantity. Tom and I are eating less and there are only two, so I can make lettuce wraps, or peal the fresh shrimp, to buy the expensive ingredients. I can make a fun hors devours or just a salad and not feel guilty, or have to face hungry little faces!

And now that it is cooling off we are eating on the patio or up on the deck. Romance abounds!

And of course, I do get to cook for the crowd (H, R & the boys) at least once a week. And so I still have that joy of feeding lots of people with real appetitites.

B – Enjoy your season of cooking for just you two!
H – It will come again!
E – You are so far ahead of the game. I look forward to having you home to cook for and perhaps let you take over the kitchen! Sure wish you could join the fabulous mayhem of family night!

1 comment:

Tom said...

The lettuce wraps were out of sight.... good stuff. Please make them again. However your company can even turn a steak into a gourmet dinner experience.

Your loving husband