I had looked at others which were expensive, or a little too extreme for me (The Lemonade diet – drinking only juiced lemons, maple syrup & Cayenne powder for 10 days).
But Heather's diet seemed great -
- fruit juice,
- then fruit eaten monotrophically,
- then fruit, vegetables and a few whole grains.
Sounds good. Monday went well except I had a lunch at work I really needed to go to. So I ordered a plain salad – just lettuce, carrots & cucumbers. Heather says I should probably add at least a half day of the juice fast….
Day 2 – I wake up this morning in major pain. A horrible headache – the back of my head hurt with pains shooting down my neck. AND my face was throbbing – sorta like a sinus infection, but more spread out. I took a couple of aspirin and laid back down. By 9 am I felt human enough to drive, but was still in pain. Two more Excedrin and I was feeling okay in the afternoon. So is it the diet, or allergies? Or… could it be lack of (drum roll)…
So I google and find out.
Arghh! Heather also confirms that you can get a headache from not drinking enough water to flush your system of all the toxins. So I am drinking water and hoping that the headaches do NOT last five days!

1 comment:
Love the water cartoon... Sometimes that is just how I feel. :)
Post a Comment