I love these little ones with a ferocious love. I am not one of those women who just love all babies and all children. I did not baby-sit as a girl and really did not have a large amount of maternal instinct. BUT, I loved my own children with a passion that surprised many – including my husband and my boss who said he would keep my job open for me if I changed my mind and wanted to return to work after my first baby – Heather – was born. I saw my boss about 20 years later and told him that I was looking to wrap up this motherhood stint (the last born, Evie was 16 years old at the time) and was wondering if my job was still being held. He told me it was.
I love the fact that both Heather and Bethany’s firstborns look like their respective husbands. What a joy for a woman to get a baby who looks like the one they love the most. Of course it is fun if the second looks like Mom – which is what happened to me (with Bethany) and Heather (with Keegan).

Evangeline looks deeply at her daddyI am surprised with the even more ferocious love that I have for my daughters. As much as I love these little ones I am incredibly concerned and want to care for "my baby." It is a joy to be able to help first Heather and now Bethany.


1 comment:
I love all the pictures, especially the first one! Thanks for being my fantastic mom who fiercely loves me.
Post a Comment