Bethany’s blog reminded me of a favorite movie of mine: The Quiet Man. Mary Kate Danaher (Maureen O’Hare) is not happy until her new groom, Sean Thornton (John Wayne), gets “her things” from her brother. She needs her dowry –not the money – Sean had plenty of money. She wanted the things mother had left for her to make her home.
My brother and I are blessed to have Mom and Dad alive and enjoying their things, but we still love the home they made for us. Though as a military family we moved regularly, Mom always set up home right away with her things. Every time I visit I am comforted to see her things and both of my grandmothers’ things. Though I only spent my senior year of high school in the house my parents now live, I rejoice to go home – to them and to the lovely environment they provided for David and me. I love my own home, but their home will always be my home as well.
Monday, September 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment